Get ready for a new school year! Find the school supply list here.
Visit the Portsmouth Public Library to check out summer reading books.
Summer Healthy Moves
Have a blast while caring for those you love by making these 4 Healthy Moves part of all your summer celebrations. Your kids will learn healthy habits as they eat smart, exercise, and have fun.
DRINK SMART TO PLAY HARD
Choose drinks with less added sugar. Teach kids how to recognize drinks that are high in added sugars. Encourage them to choose water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages. Kids should drink 2 to 3 cups of low-fat (1%) or fat-free milk a day, depending on age.
CHOOSE MORE FRUITS & VEGGIES
Offer kids fruits and vegetables during meals and snacks. Try new fruits and veggies together as a family.
LIMIT SCREEN TIME
Help kids discover fun ways to stay busy and active this summer. Limit TV and video game time to no more than 1-2 hours a day.
Kids need at least 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity each day. Help your family get moving with games, dancing, and more
The vision of the educational program at Park View Elementary is to develop the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional well-being of the students, so they can reach their fullest academic potential, become lifelong learners, and make a meaningful contribution to society.
The faculty, staff, parents, community partners, and students will join together in a cooperative spirit as an educational team to achieve this goal.
- We believe education should touch a child's imagination.
- We believe learning is more than memorizing.
- We believe all children can attain academic success.
- We believe all students have the right to a safe and orderly learning environment.
- We believe all students deserve the right to a first class education and it is their responsibility to strive for excellence.
- We believe that technology is fundamental to the success of students in our global world.
- We believe that the success of all students is paramount to our society.